All text communications on local numbers through any cloud phone system (including smrtPhone) are considered application-to-person (A2P) by mobile carriers who receive and deliver the messages to their subscribers.
Benefits of Becoming A2P Verified
As a verified source of text messages, you will separate yourself from the spammers and scammers, improving deliverability of text messages and increasing consumer trust. There will be dedicated routes for A2P verified traffic, resulting in improved reliability.
As part of becoming verified, you will receive a "Trust Score" which will track your reputation in the eyes of mobile carriers. Trust scores will be ranked low/medium/high. The better your trust score, the greater your deliverability speed and volume - you can send more messages, faster. Your score will be influenced by consumer complaints or lack thereof.
Verification already exists for short codes and toll-free numbers, and studies show increased ROI for verified messages. Consumers are more likely to respond when they can trust that the message is being sent from a verified source.
Benefits of A2P 10DLC include:
- Improved deliverability due to separate channel
- Higher volume/throughput capability than standard local number texting
- Greater credibility of messages = more likely to garner a response
- Less expensive than short codes
- Exclusivity. No sharing of the number with other brands.
- Voice enabled numbers means recipients can call you back, if they choose.
- Separated from spammers. Major mobile carriers are committed to keeping scammers separate from your brand.
What happens if I do not register?
Messages sent by unverified providers will be subject to heavier filtering by mobile carriers such as Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile. They may also be marked as "unverified" or "spam" in the recipient's message inbox.
Unverified providers will also be subject to higher per-message fees.
How do I register?
Don’t worry! smrtPhone is here to help guide you through the registration process and make it as easy on you as possible. The week of April 18th, we are launching our Trust Center within the smrtPhone App which will include an A2P 10DLC Verification Portal.
We will give you instructions on how to complete the registration process, once it goes live.